Leaving Arsenal was the greatest mistake I make in my career, they're now winning the premier league title that I have been craving for without me, Could have been us together now but the board betrayed me them': Arsenal player who left EMIRATE because of small issues He had with Arteta back then now wants Arteta to give Him another chance to join the club in the summer

 



Leaving Arsenal was the greatest mistake I make in my career, they're now winning the premier league title that I have been craving for without me, Could have been us together now but the board betrayed me them': Arsenal player who left EMIRATE because of small issues He had with Arteta back then now wants Arteta to give Him another chance to join the club in the summer 


There have been a number of players who have lived to regret leaving Arsenal over the years.


Jack Wilshere admitted just this week that leaving Arsenal was a bad decision for his career, while Alexis Sanchez immediately regretted leaving Arsenal for Manchester United a few years ago.


Now, speaking on Stadium Astro, Emmanuel Petit has been discussing his departure from Arsenal back in 2000, and he says that he really does regret leaving the Gunners.


Indeed, Petit says that the grass wasn’t greener over in Barcelona, claiming that he was better off staying at Highbury rather than heading to Camp Nou.

Emmanuel Petit regrets leaving Arsenal

The World Cup winner spoke about leaving north London.


“I should have stayed there with Arsenal. Definitely. Sometimes the grass is not greener somewhere else you know? It’s better to stay where you are when you receive love and happiness and you’re happy where you are, why are you leaving? If I could turn the clock back I would probably make a different option,” Petit said.


Can’t blame him

While it’s easy for Petit to say this in hindsight, at the time, a move to Barcelona would’ve been very difficult to turn down.




Comments